Thursday, July 17, 2014

Yahoo Voices and Yahoo Contributor Network to Shut Down

Yahoo has announced that it will shut down it's Yahoo Voices site on July 31, 2014. The Yahoo Contributor Network, comprised of the writers who contributed to Yahoo Voices, will follow suit in August after making the final payments to the writers.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the Yahoo Contributor Network was my first paid writing experience. It wasn't the most fun and I earned very little there, but the education and experience it gave me was well worth it. I will always be grateful that it was the site I joined first. If I had joined Squidoo or Bubblews first, I would never have gained the knowledge and skill that I am still applying to every other writing opportunity I've had.

Despite the low pay, the Yahoo Contributor Network was a site I continued to recommend to new writers, and would continue to recommend if it as not closing.

I only published a few articles on Yahoo Voices. There are only a few days left to read them on that site. Here is the link to my profile page.

No comments:

Post a Comment