Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Blog

It sounds so simple. Start a blog. Get a Google Adsense account. Make money.

So I set up a blog on Blogger.com called "Old Roads Once Traveled" and commenced writing with a warning that I really didn't know what I was doing. I've learned a lot since then, but as far as the technical stuff, the warning still holds true.

I wrote a few posts and then, as Blogger had encouraged me to do, I applied for a Google Adsense account.

And promptly got rejected.

I got no explanation from Adsense why I was rejected, but common sense since acquired makes me certain it was because I was applying for a brand new blog with just a tiny bit of content. So, now monetization shy, I set about building content with a view to monetizing later, like, say, after three months.

Just so you know, as of this writing over a year after that "after three months" estimate, I still haven't monetized that blog. But it's still on the to-do list. When that happens, you'll read about it here.

In all fairness, I did get sidetracked from making money writing a blog by making money elsewhere, which is the subject of my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment