Thursday, July 24, 2014

My Road to Earning Online

First of all, let me emphasize that my blog My Road to Earning Online is MY road to earning online. This isn't what someone else did, or a comprehensive list of every way someone could make money online. It's what I do.

Unless I specifically state otherwise, each website I write about is one that I either currently use or have used in the past. The opinions I express about them are mine, and they will be honest ones.

I do use referral links when suitable. If you click on a referral link, sign up for that website, and complete any specific tasks the referral agreement calls for, I will be paid. What I earn will depend on the website. It might be a dollar. It might be a commission based on how much you earn. Or it might be just a penny. I will include referral information, if applicable, in each website review if you want to know what I make or what you can make also.

That said, I will not refer you to a website that I cannot endorse just so that I will make a little money. Unless otherwise stated, all referral links will connect you only to sites I currently use myself. It would make no sense to use a referral link to a website that I don't expect to get paid from.

When I review a site, I will tell you what I like about it, and what I don't like. I will only post comprehensive reviews of sites that have paid me. If I feel confident enough to recommend a site that I have not yet cashed out on, I will specifically state that I have not yet redeemed from that site.

My reviews, of course, will be colored by my expectations of the site. For "Get Paid To" sites, for instance, I am most interested in:


Things I am doing anyway, such as internet searches,
Things that are quick and easy, like daily polls or confirming paid emails,
Things I can do in the background, such as listening to the radio,
Things that are fun, like playing games or watching videos.

I rarely shop online and I'm very leery of signing up for things I have to pay for. For that matter, I'm leery of signing up for some things that are free. If you were looking for a site that gives cash back for shopping, you might have a completely different expectation of a site I love for playing videos or doing searches or that I don't like for doing surveys.

I will strive to be as accurate as possible in what I say. It doesn't hurt my ego a bit to say "I don't know."

I don't expect you to take my word as a sole recommendation. There are a lot of scam sites on the internet, and a lot of legitimate sites. There are also a lot of legitimate sites that have serious shortcomings. Do your research. Search for reviews and complaints. Be aware that many people who whine about not being paid didn't get paid because they broke the rules. Try to sift the legitimate complaints from those that have no basis.

Always read the terms and conditions and the privacy policy of any website you are considering. A good idea would be to read through them upon first interest, then research how the site works, how you earn money there, and how you get paid there. Then, if you decide to sign up, read through the terms again carefully before you commit.

As a consideration to me, I would ask that if I influenced you to try a site, that you would come back and click through my link should you decide to sign up. You are free not to, of course, but doing so would ensure that I got the referral. I will be very thankful if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment